Saturday, July 19, 2014

Packing Day

So we had a good day of packing and getting ready today :)  We head to San Francisco tomorrow then leave Monday for Cambodia.  We did check all the kids carry on bags this afternoon.  Anna was bragging that her bag was very heavy.  I made her take stuff out because I know who's going to be carrying that!  And when we checked Benjamin's he had his metronome in there!!!  No one is taking any instruments.  He said he just likes it and wanted to take it.  Sorry, but the metronome is not being lugged half way around the world either!

I also got a text from my sister (Thanks Cat!) :)  She reminded me of a song that my Grandpa Coffman used to sing when he was on night patrol at the steel mill in CA.  The story from my Dad is that his Dad used to sing "Make Me a Blessing" and really mean it.  The cool thing was I had just been thinking of Grandpa singing that song this week as I was running around collecting things to take.  If you don't know it, I looked up the lyrics and here they are:

"Out in the highways and byways of life,
       many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
       making the sorrowing glad.

Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life,
May Jesus shine.
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.

Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love;
      tell of His power to forgive.
Others will trust Him if only you prove,
      true every moment you live."


No comments:

Post a Comment